In April 2016, 8th — 21st Moscow State Pedagogical University will host «Superconductors-based sensors and quantum technologies» Workshop organized by MSPU (Prof. Goltsman) and Lancaster University (Prof. Kozorezov).
The workshop will provide a unique opportunity for sharing research expertise and networking. During the workshop early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their research in the form of a short oral presentation and discuss it with established researchers from the UK and Russia. There will be a focus on building up links for future collaborations and participants selected on the basis of their research potential and ability to build longer term links.
During Workshop, a number of invited talks will be given:
- G. Goltsman (MSPTU, Moscow, Russia) «Study of non-equilibrium effects in superconducting nanostructures»
- A. Kozorezov (Lancaster University, UK) «Carrier dynamics and thermal transport in superconducting nanodevices»
- R. Hadfield (Glasgow University, UK) «Superconducting single-photon detectors: physics and applications»
- S. Withington (Cambridge University, UK) «An ultra-low noise superconducting detector technology for astrophysics and the applied sciences»
- O.Astafiev (Royal Holloway University, UK) «Quantum optics on superconducting quantum systems» or «Coherent quantum phase slips in superconducting nano-wires»
- M. Kupriyanov (Moscow University, Moscow, Russia) «Superconducting quantum circuits»
- V. Koshelets (IRE RAS, Moscow, Russia) «Superconducting integrated circuits for THz applications»
Detailed information on the Workshop is available at http://physics.mpgu.edu/workshop2016